- How does StrataPay work?
StrataPay provides commonly accepted payment options for your customers to pay you. StrataPay incorporates a unique reference number with your own invoice numbers into the payment information. StrataPay have helped streamline well in excess of 10,000 registered billers in the collection and payment of bills.
- Do we need to change bank accounts?
StrataPay is totally bank independent, which means no changes are required to your existing banking arrangements.
- How much does it cost?
A once only registration fee of $199 is applicable on joining StrataPay. Ongoing transaction fees are:
- Up to $3.00 per transaction for Australia Post
- $2.50 per transaction for all other payment options
- an additional 1.80% for Visa and MasterCard
Other costs are:
- reversals incur a $10.00 fee
- dishonours or insufficient funds incur a $35.00 fee
These fees may be passed on to your customer.
- How long does it take for monies to be deposited into my bank account?
All monies take 2-4 business days to appear in your bank account.
- When does the money come out of my customer's credit card / bank account?
The money will come out immediately.
- What is a Direct Debit Request (DDR) Authority?
A DDR authority is to be filled in by your client and forwarded to StrataPay to direct debit your client’s bank account or credit card. The original DDR Authority must be mailed to StrataPay. Direct Debits are especially useful for regular payments or for clients who would like to spread their payments over several regular payments instead of a lump sum.
- How much notice must I give to cancel or alter a Direct Debit?
Seven (7) business days are required to give notice to vary an amount or cancel a Direct Debit.
- Are all transactions secure to my customer and my business?
StrataPay provides you and your customers with the latest in security and technology. StrataPay's secure Payment Gateway offers encryption and full security and traceability on all transactions. Your Administration Console is also 256 bit encrypted for your added security. All funds are processed through the StrataPay Trust Fund Account.
- What support can I expect from StrataPay?
StrataPay offers full support and training in the operation of their Administration Console website. You also have access to support 24 hours a day via StrataPay's administration website. Quality assurance is central in creating a secure, safe environment in which your customers will feel at ease in paying for your product or service. StrataPay staff are also on hand to answer any enquires.
- Which credit cards do you accept?
StrataPay accepts Visa and Mastercard for all merchants and American Express for some merchants.
- What happens if my customer is unable to make a transaction via the telephone?
In the unlikely event that there is a problem with StrataPay's Interactive Voice Response (IVR) service, the customer can still utilise StrataPay's other seven options for making payments.
- How do I issue a refund?
If a refund is required you have the option of refunding your customer yourself or StrataPay can process the refund for you which will incur a $10.00 fee.
- Can I give each customer an individual invoice number?
Yes, you can generate invoice numbers that are incorporated within the billing codes for each of the payment options.
- How do I log into the administration console?
Go to www.stratapay.com.au/spcardadmin/
- then log in using your email address and the password StrataPay gives you.
- How can I view my transaction history?
StrataPay can send you a report via email giving you a breakdown of individual transactions. The report, which can be sent direct to you on a daily basis, can be configured to various formats. Alternatively, log into your Administration Console and view/download the report in the format of your choice and over the time period that you choose. This streamlines your accounts payable and facilitates effective automatic reconciliation.
- Can I have multiple cards?
Yes, for your convenience you can have as many cards as reasonably required by your business.
- What currency are the transactions in?
All transactions are in Australian dollars only and are deposited as cleared funds into your nominated account.
- Do I have minimum transaction limit per month?
No minimum transactions are required.
- Do I receive confirmation of a successful IVR payment immediately?
When you use the IVR system on completion of a successful transaction a verbal receipt number will be given. You can also receive a SMS confirmation if requested.
- If I am using one card for all my transactions, how can I match payments when I receive the StrataPay payment?
By adding an Invoice Number (up to seven digits) to your StrataPay reference number when issuing payments, you will be able to identify this number on the reports generated from the Administration Console to reconcile your transactions.
- If I lose my StrataPay card can someone access my company or personal details, or access money from my card?
No. The card can only be used to receive payments and without your e-mail or password, no-one can access your personal details. If you do lose your card however, please contact customer service on 1300 135 610.
- Do you have a payment gateway for use with a website?
Yes, you can use StrataPay's payment gateway. All you need is an existing shopping basket on your website and StrataPay's payment gateway specifications. StrataPay can forward these specifications to you for your web developer to follow when they connect your website's shopping basket to StrataPay's payment gateway.
- Does my business name appear on my customer’s credit card statement?
Yes. You will receive a special merchant identification number issued by your bank and your business name will appear on your customer’s credit card statement next to the payment.